Develop your students' understanding of abstract math concepts using a research-based textbook with real-world applications
Discovering Advanced Algebra helps all learners develop a strong conceptual understanding of Algebra 2. This text uses data analysis to model pure-algebra concepts, derive equations, solve problems, and build skills—all using an investigative approach to learning.
The Discovering Advanced Algebra approach improves learning in many ways:
- Real data, real-life situations, and real-world applications will help you motivate students and show them the importance of what they are learning.
- The sequence of mathematical experiences aids your students in making conceptual connections between the many topics covered in Algebra 2.
- Your students will develop and practice skills, such as multiplying and factoring polynomials and solving many kinds of equations in a wide variety of mathematical settings.
- The text also provides regular opportunities for students to practice and review skills learned in previous algebra courses.
- Investigations, visual representations, and opportunities for discussion will enable you to integrate multiple teaching modes into your classroom so that visual, auditory, and kinesthetic learners all benefit.
- To help you reach all your students, every lesson has a Differentiating Instruction box with suggestions for modifying the lessons for ELL students, students who need extra support, and advanced students.
- You can be certain that this diverse approach to teaching will also strengthen students’ understanding and retention of advanced algebra concepts and skills.
- Discovering Advanced Algebra thoughtfully incorporates technology as a tool for increasing student understanding and offers you flexibility in your technology choices. You can use graphing calculators make learning more efficient and allow for a deeper mathematical experience, or you can take advantage of optional activities and lessons and that use Dynamic Mathematics software, such as The Geometer's Sketchpad® and Fathom™ Dynamic Data.
The Teaching Resources Package includes a host of resources to help you effectively reach all learners, from those struggling with the math or the language to academically gifted students.
Looking for the first edition of Discovering Advanced Algebra?