Chapter 11: Applications of Statistics
In this chapter students will:
- learn different ways to collect data as part of designing a study
- apply different methods for making predictions about a population based on a random sample
- discover the association between the statistics of a sample and the parameters of an entire population
- study population distributions, including normal distributions
- fit functions to data and make predictions using least squares lines and other regression equations
For student resources, click on the items in the box at left.